I need to record PS3 gameplay footage.

The Legendary Zoltan

(I hope this is the correct forum.)

Do you guys know a good way to do that? I am willing to spend some money on it. Right now I have a somewhat weak laptop and I heard that video capture cards are usually the type of things you have to install. So I don't know if I can do that unless there is a USB video capture card. I want to record in the best possible quality. The Angry Video Game Nerd uses a DVD recorder and then I guess he just rips the DVD with his computer. So that's a possibility as well.

I just don't want to do another video the way I did my Catherine review (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuqlk3oi1TE) which was by searching youtube for videos in which people played the way I wanted them to.

To sum up: HELP ME!

Thanks.

If you don't want to spend too much on the HD PVR, although i will admit that it records beautifully, you should check out the Roxio Game Capture Card.

*This is not as good as the PVR, just a cheaper suggestion*

It records at 480p, but if you have skills with video editing this card gives you enough to work with to make the video seem like 720p.

http://www.roxio.com/enu/promotions/landing/machinima/game-capture/console/overview.html

That link is 70 dollars instead of 100.

I recently realized that my TV doesn't have component inputs, so Hauppage might not be the way to go for me. But I've thought of some options.

Could use the component output from the PS3 to the Hauppage and the HDMI output to my TV and would it send the picture to both? In other words, I'd be watching myself play on the HDMI cable but recording what comes through the component cables.

Another thought I had was, what if I got a DVD recorder instead. They're probably cheaper.

What do you guys think? Thanks for your help.