o Your website: N/A

o Your userid (number, not name) on our forums: 28813

* ReMix Info

o Donkey Kong Country 2

o Forest Interlude

o SNES / Dave Wise

o Link to original midi:

http://www.nerologic.com/midi/dkc2/Forest%20Interlude.mid

o Comments: The file was sequenced in Sonar PE 4. Most of the sounds are from Spectrasonics Libs (tril, atmos, stylus), exception being the gigaharp! Reverb was freeware Voxengo IR.. other fx were bundled stuff!

- Junkmonkey

P.S. My apologies for the dashes in the file name! Yahoo wouldn't let me upload with underscores!

http://www.snesmusic.org/spcsets/dkq.rsn - "Forest Interlude" (dkq-10.spc)

Some of the ambiance and ethnic percussion work was cool, but the lead synths were disparately generic and unexpressive, sounding at times to be out of tune. The harp sample sounded fine (OMG, Giga!), but it was used robotically. There was a decent bit of arrangement in a few brief sections, but ultimately this wasn't interpretive enough by any means. Go for more creativity next time instead of basically surrounding a lousy lead with cool sounds that don't actually gel with it. Add birdcussion next time too, or the approach just doesn't work from the ground up. [/sarcasm]

NO

• 2 weeks later...

Very pretty sounding and that's to be expected with the high end gear you have. They're used quite well in terms of squencing in general as well.

Nice chill/groove factor, but I thought the leads and pads were usually far too quiet in relation to the beats.

Problem here is the very basic arrangement content though. There's not as much creative or personal additions here that we expect from mixers to pass the bar. For those unfamiliar, the prior sentence is the name of the game and our number one criteria. Best of luck, and I hope to hear more from you.

NO

It's really a shame that with all the materials you had to work with more time wasn't spent on the arrangement. It's pretty, the sounds are nice, but this is a only small hop away from being a sound-upgrade to the original theme.

It's fairly easy to create pleasant music when you have nice samples, but I'm going to need a better arrangement to pass this.

NO