Need Pixel/Sprite Artist for Game

Meteo Xavier

Howdy. I'm posting this on behalf of the guy who commissioned me to do the soundtrack for it, but we've got a game that is hugely finished up and the artist we had for it is not working on it anymore.

Naturally, we need a new one. The game is a Tower Defense kinda game for the Android. I don't know or remember the title off the top of my head, but pretty much ALL the programming and work, as I've been told, is finished, he just needs new sprite work and interface to put on it.

This is a "possibly" paid gig, where, realistically, $ cannot be guaranteed as income would need to be generated first. If so, you would be getting a % of the profits. I myself am not getting paid for this project and I'm cool with that. The good news is that, unlike so many other gaming projects on here, a lot of the grunt work is already done - this is not start up work and therefore this game has a much higher chance of being released once the artwork end has been finished.

If you're interested, hit me up here or email zendrums@gmail.com. Thank you!

• 2 months later...

I gave him links and I talked to him about it and he said that he was going to go take time to figure out the direction of the game.

He hasn't talked to me since. I e-mailed him a few weeks ago and have yet to get a response.

So unless I'm being lied to or intentionally ignored...:|

That doesn't really sound like him to me. I mean, I have no idea what you two were talking about or what happened there, but I couldn't tell which sprites were yours and which ones weren't either IIRC.

I've also been told you were being critical about the game itself (and my soundtrack) when this game production has already been pretty stressful for a longer period of time than necessary. There's nothing wrong with criticism itself, but from the perspective of an employer, any employer, to go into a job interview with a portfolio that largely includes other people's work and less your own and then start making comments on the project itself that irks already stressed manager is going to turn said manager off.

You know, like I said, I only know so little about what you two talked about, I'm only just trying to get someone to do art so we can finish this game already, but I've also known Zen for a little while now and him lying or outright ignoring to be an ass just doesn't sound like him at all.

Well, he hasn't responded to my e-mail and I IMed him one time when I saw him on, but he never responded to that either.

Also I was not being critical. I was miffed at your soundtracks that had huge gaps of time at the end of them because you refused to master them (or so Zen told me).

I play a lot of games and I know what makes a game good and fun. I merely gave Zen suggestions. I did not criticize anything. If I came across as that then clearly I miscommunicated.

But he did specifically say to me that he was going to take time to figure out what he wanted to do with the game. So unless he responds to me, I really don't know how to help you guys.