-----------

Name of game arranged: Chrono Trigger

Name of arrangement: Underwater Enigma

Name of individual song arranged: Ocean Palace

Link to song:

Thanks!

Joe

----------

Right off the bat your mix sounds very muddy. You're throwing way too much reverb on your instruments and so nothing is sounding very distinct overall. This is probably most noticeable with the drums, which are actually very nicely written. Ease back on the reverb overall so you can focus on bringing key elements of the soundscape to the front and making the rest of them more audible, as well.

It sounds like the whole second half of your song is missing a lead. I can see that being a stylistic choice but going that long with just the backing track loses my attention as a listener.

Arrangement-wise, this is pretty conservative and doesn't deviate much from the original melodies at all. I like how you changed up some of the rhythms on the backing synths, that's a good start to personalizing this but it's going to need some original writing and variations on the existing melodies to really be a good fit for OCR's standards.

Keep submitting stuff, you've got some great sounds here but your arrangement needs to be more personalized to be posted.

NO

• 4 weeks later...

I really like how it opens, but damn that reverb. It seems ok on the drums in limited capacity, but the rest could definitely have it toned down. There rest of the arrangement felt pretty solid, though when the strings take the lead, they should be layered with something a little more forward.

This definitely has promise, but the reverbz are too great! The guitars and drums work really well together.

No, please resubmit