*NO* Maniac Mansion 'Fungi for the Ethical Treatment of Asteroids'

OceansAndrew

This is a Remix of the Intro from Maniac Mansion. The bad part is.. i did not create it by myself (at least not directly) and i have lost contact with the original remixer.

Buuuuuut : This song was made for a game I and some friends created (a classic Point and Click Adventure, though only in german language : www.aluehn2.de) and i instructed the remixer (His name is Dan Müller (Dan Minus) ) how the remix should be, so you could say i participated. Also since this song was exdclusivly made for our adventure game i thought that it might be ok to submit this song to the overclocked libary. I think this remix is great and it would be a pity if only german players can listen to it. I know its against the rules for submissions, but since i lost contact with Dan Müller its the only way. And i can ensure you that I have permission to share this song with the world. (as i did already since it's in the game, which btw is freeware)

Remixer Name : Dan Müller (Dan Minus)

Songname : Fungi for the ethical treatment of Asteroids.

Source : Maniac Mansion Intro Music.

Regards, Ben Maas.

(feedback directed at the original musician, mainly because I'm too lazy to fix my pronoun usage)

I liked what you did with the buildup in the intro but it kind of fizzled out and didn't pay off, I appreciate the artistic concept there but I don't think it worked.

Overall, the whole mix feels like it's stuck mainly in "intro mode" where things just never take off. You've got some very neat drum fills that sound very promising, but each time you transition, the energy level of the track seems to reset itself back to neutral. From about :30 - :60 it seems to reach peak energy, but past that, the track felt underdeveloped in terms of instrumentation and overall arrangement, like this is just a 2 minute clip of what could be a larger, more fully-realized concept. Some cool stuff in here though, shame the artist can't be reached.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

Wes did a good job of covering what I was going to say. Overall this feels very short and like it doesn't fully develop to its potential. By the end I am definitely wanting more. From about 1:14 to the end the track feels like an interlude between different sections, but the next part never comes! Production overall seems pretty good, but a bit sparse at times.

Too bad the original artist can't be reached. Definitely some potential here.

NO

haha. great mix title. technically I this submission goes against our standards, either way:

2. Only submit works which you yourself participated in the creation of; do not submit on behalf of others.

still, I gotta agree that what's here is neat, the chiptune drums resembling the ones from the source were a nice touch to the soundscape. pretty underdeveloped though, arrangement-wise, it felt like it was over long before it should have been.

NO