Blended Cortex (Crash 3 Cortex Remix)

Mirby

• 2 weeks later...

Alright so...I'm just gonna go on a limb and say this is probably the best thing I've heard Mirby produce yet. The intro is a bit quirky, I'm not even sure how to classify that first instrument...but the bass that comes in right after should probably be toned down just a little.

Man, the panning on this thing is all over the place, not sure if that's intentional or not, but...the instrumentation is good. There just needs to be more of a "background" or soundscape. Everything feels almost too precise.

I dig this, Mirby...but I know you could do a lot more to improve it, if you put your mind to it. The potential is there. Keep going!

• 1 month later...

I enjoy the writing and the mood/style. I particularly enjoy the mixing of the themes--great job there. I guess the sounds work, but I'm just not feeling them. Maybe the simple, lo-fi sounds might work if there were some fancier sounds throughout for contrast? Everything.Is.So.Darn.Precise.Throughout.It.All.Too. As far as writing goes, I would encourage you to find ways to expand things further and more gradually. Like instead of repeating a certain pattern, change a few of the notes/intervals the next time around. Reharmonize it the next time, change the melody another. Keep things moving and interesting. That said, this is probably more unique than most of the things I've heard, so great job there.

• 2 weeks later...