WIP Aquatic Ambience DKC SNES

luckystud77

This is a work in progress, and not even near completion. I have been working on it for 2 years on and off, but really want to complete it. I have hit a brick wall :banghead: and haven't gotten anywhere recently on this song due to not having the right tools and expertise (I only have Fruity Loops) ***IF YOU ARE IN THE SEATTLE AREA, I need to collaborate with you because I need help completing this song! This is my very first remix, and I want it to be amazing! The intro is pretty much how I want it to be, but the main part of the song need lots of work. I haven't re-arranged the main structure of the song yet but want to. I'm going for a very dreamy-like sound for the whole track. Please give me your input!

Click Here To Listen

:razz:

OK so I gave this a listen or 2 and that is a very nice intro! However after that there are a number of problems that are pretty glaring... the piano is clipping loads (can you hear the distortion? That's clipping) and the soundscape feels very disjointed. The backing is nice and mellow, but the piano is so harsh and the pad is far too quiet.

I'd suggest hitting up this section of the forums for some production tutorials, and Rozovian has written this excellent guide for people wanting to get posted on OCR. It's definitely a great starting point, especially if you're stuck in a rut at the moment and need some inspiration, or a new approach. Good luck :)

I like the chilled feeling you were going for with this one. I'm not much of a fan of the DK series so i am unfamiliar with the source.

One small piece of advice I can give is that the piano needs to sit on top of the rest of the mix. Not plow through it. If you work from the drums up, making sure everything is audible as you go you should be able to get a good balance. For example, pick a spot in the mix where everything is playing and loop it, zero out the faders, then bring up Drums>Rhythm Section>Leads. (rhythm being the background glass piano in this case) Also make sure to watch the Master and make sure nothing pushes it into the red.