Donkey Kong Land - Boss Battle Remix

starrgrl24

Well, I'm pretty new to this forum, so bear with me! xD This was my final project for my intro to music technology class. I got an A, but I did get some complaints about some minor mixing and volume issues. I tried to fix that after class though. xD Anyways, here is the remix:

stats.png

I did remain veeery conservative with the form. I do know this is "overclocked" remixed, but I still tried to add some twist to this music. xD I would really like some opinion on this. :)

Hi, welcome to OCR!

So there are some mixing issues - that piano is nice, but everything else seems a bit low in the mix, especially the drums and that synth right after the piano intro. The main thing I find with this is that all the sounds are a bit generic-sounding. I'd say look into expanding your synth library and experimenting with new sounds. Congrats on the A, though ;)

The mixing here is unbalanced. The sounds are much unprocessed. It needs more of work. And the piano is overpowered. I don't know much about the source tho. And the drum is static. You need breaks or a least play with the hi hat. Panning could be improve. And the pattern could get a little bit more of expansion.

And welcome to OCR. Hope this help ! ^^