*NO* Final Fantasy 10 'Prayer'

djpretzel

Hello,

I'd like to submit another song to OverClocked ReMix! I've recently completed a trance arrangement of FFX's "Song of Prayer" that should make an enjoyable addition to your archives.

Basically, I sampled the accapellas from the game and built a song around them based on a chord progression for "Song of Prayer" that I heard in a piano arrangement of it.

You can download the track here:

I named the song "Prayer".

Hope you (and the rest of the judges) enjoy it!

-abg

http://www.tzone.org/~llin/psf/packs2/FFX_psf2.rar - 307 "Song of Prayer ~ Shiva"

I appreciate the go at trying to fit this under 6MB, Shawn, but the encoding here was way too lossy. 5.46MB leaves some breathing room space-wise, so I'd go for a VBR encoding and try and get a lot closer to 6MB. The track had a lot of spots where the sound was too loud and cluttered, and the track lacks clarity, though the bitrate can't be completely blamed for that frankly. Nonetheless, the 128kbps version over at VGMix sounded decent, so I dunno why this 96kbps version sounds so much worse in comparison.

In any case though, there's nothing here related to "Song of Prayer" in this track other than the sampled vocals, and that don't jive. The music itself has to be derived from the source material. I dunno where you found JJesper's piano arrangement that you based the chord progression around, but it doesn't sound a bit like Song of Prayer; probably another track like this one where the artist added original music underneath Song of Prayer vox. If you removed the sampled vox from this piece, poof, no rearrangement.

NO Override

I've liked your past stuff including Resident Evil 2 "Ada's Groove" and especially your CT/FF7 collab with auxiva "Lavos vs. Jenova (GTA3 Apocalypse)". Why not encode that at 128kbps or in VBR and submit that instead?

NO Override

Agreed. More so for the encoding but your "poof" rearrangement argument is tough to ignore.

Sound quality-wise, what’s here sounds good though. The 128 kbps VGMix version sounds a little better but I think a radio edit and >128kbps may be the best bet to get under the size limits (although I hate suggesting that artists cut up their tunes).