Best possible listening equipment.

I'm no audio engineer. You know that.

What you may not know is that I recently got a pair of "in-ear speakers". Which sound fucking awesome. I can hear a lot more clarity and the punch of the bass hits my eardrums with near lethal, yet satisfying force. Now, my stereo system sounds so shitty by comparison that I can't stand to listen to music of any level of professionalism with it any longer.

What is the BEST kind of equipment, in your opinion, to listen to music with? What is the difference in sound quality between stereos and headphones? What about regular headphones vs in-ear ones?

He was not asking for what headphones to buy guys :/

as aphetica said try Head-Fi, gearslutz, or even dubstepforum to find a plethora elite fags :P

In my opinion I like moniter way better then headphone because I can have a better feeling of what it will sound like on other speaker on headphones, but I dont like the fact (just as I do with headphones) that I have to play at louder vols to hear some stuff that I want to hear personally especially at night, plus for some moniter (if not most) you have to be in a room that has some acoustic absorbers to avoid sounds bouncing all over the place (or your in a small ass room like I am right not). Headphones for me are great for stuff like panning and all that and hearing the music in a more closer veiw but I dont like being near my pc to listen to the music especially when I wana kick back and watch youtube videos (ok thats alittle off topic).

I guess its all opinion to what sounds good to you, but better moniters mean more money out the pocket I believe.

Here is a list of moniters you could check out (some I pulled out from another post)

Dat Low end stuff

Event TR8.

KRK RP5/RP6/RP8 series.

Tapco S5/S8s.

Behringer B2030/B2031 series.

In The Middle

Mackie HR624/HR824 (MKI or MKII)

Adam A7

Dat Top end Shit yo

Genelec

and im will go no further because I'v seen moniter hit around $9k

As for headphones I hear good things AKGs, Sony , Sennheiser etc...

If I can get my song to sound good on those, it'll sound good on anything. :)

Wrong on so many levels. :/

EDIT: I read your other posts and you seemed to know what you're talking about. So I reread this and realized that you mix on crappy speakers in addition to studio monitors.

Sorry, I read it as "I only mix on crappy speakers because they sound like everything else"