Strumming midi and general voicing tips?

When sequencing, use a sound with a clean enough attack (and make sure you're not cutting out the initial attack by having a slow attack). Write your notes (let's go with six of them, spread out like on a guitar), and have them all start within the span of a 16th note. Want the strum to be faster or slower? Put them closer together or farther apart.

Can't say about doing it from a keyboard. Not only will you probably not reach the entire span of a guitar with just one hand, you'll also have trouble hitting them right. Any tool would likely have to work with a delayed response to make sure the strum begins at the lowest note instead of in the middle and just arping up and down.

I'm pretty sure there are tools for this (neblix recently got a pretty good sounding guitar vst which may have some strum features), but I doubt you'll get a convincing guitar performance and not have to deal with delay and limitations in expression if you wanna do it live.

Yeah, I'm assuming you're talking about guitar. Otherwise you ought to have specified otherwise. :P

no it was guitar, I was being vague cus I wanted to see if anyone wanted to offer voicing tips for other instruments that might have been hard to emulate with a keyboard. I got a book on midi composition hopefully it will start to address my concerns...

add to that glissandos. Glisandos in general, but especially with piano/harp emulation (I can use the pitch bend for traditional string instruments right? and maybe trills for wind instruments