bass (not synth) question

Does the dynamics of a bass really matter on soft or agressive passages for most type of music.

I'm thimking no because it really low support making it sound full(very important) and having diffrent sounds For any type of bass type intrument is a plus, but for a solo peice for bass it could be very diffrent(like how hard you pluck,bow,pick,slap your bass)

So any thoughts?

Dude, you really should read your posts before posting.

As for bass dynamics is always a good thing especially with real bass played and recorded as not just the amplitude but the frequency distribution is also affected by the playing style and the attributes of the instrument itself even tho youd likely compress and eq the sound somewhere in the mixing process the qualities of the source sound still get through just consider transients the compressor doesnt get to in time or the difference in the sound of a slapped bass note and a regular fingered one even if you put a hard multiband compressor on it you can still tell the difference the same applies when its mixed in with loads of other sounds even side-chained to duck under the kick it matters while you of course have to manage the dynamics while mixing to make sure it fits in and doesnt drown any other instruments or get drowned itself you need the qualities of the original performance as they are important in crafting a mix that doesnt sound like a square peg in a round hole with the overly thick sound you can hear in many modern productions where everything is as loud as it gets you need dynamics to let the music and the listener breathe so squashing the bass altho giving the mix a darker heavier sound is not really something I recommend its best to preserve the original performance altho some loss of dynamics is required to have your mixes loud enough to not sound out of place in the company of other modern mixes but you gotta be careful to not overdo it I would suggest studying mixes that have been praised for their production by ppl that know what they're talking about to learn how the end result sounds and compare that to your own mixes.

Dude, you really should read your posts before posting.

As for bass dynamics is always a good thing especially with real bass played and recorded as not just the amplitude but the frequency distribution is also affected by the playing style and the attributes of the instrument itself even tho youd likely compress and eq the sound somewhere in the mixing process the qualities of the source sound still get through just consider transients the compressor doesnt get to in time or the difference in the sound of a slapped bass note and a regular fingered one even if you put a hard multiband compressor on it you can still tell the difference the same applies when its mixed in with loads of other sounds even side-chained to duck under the kick it matters while you of course have to manage the dynamics while mixing to make sure it fits in and doesnt drown any other instruments or get drowned itself you need the qualities of the original performance as they are important in crafting a mix that doesnt sound like a square peg in a round hole with the overly thick sound you can hear in many modern productions where everything is as loud as it gets you need dynamics to let the music and the listener breathe so squashing the bass altho giving the mix a darker heavier sound is not really something I recommend its best to preserve the original performance altho some loss of dynamics is required to have your mixes loud enough to not sound out of place in the company of other modern mixes but you gotta be careful to not overdo it I would suggest studying mixes that have been praised for their production by ppl that know what they're talking about to learn how the end result sounds and compare that to your own mixes.

Thank you on the responce.

For a while I've been(eqing) making sure my bass sounds come in very clear in my rock,orcha, and jazz mixes and kinda manually compressing transients incase my compressor does not catch it, but it never felt a diffrence from flat basses unless it was a double bass or a cello. I read a lot of mixing note awhile ago and listened to a lot of diffrent music but I just could not find a diffrence.

Maybe its just me

compressor doesnt get to in time or the difference in the sound of a slapped bass note and a regular fingered one even if you put a hard multiband compressor on it you can still tell the difference

And this is the most annoying thing with bass guitar for me.

I found two ways: distortion and distortion:whatevaa:

Two types of distortion, i mean. Heavy distortion, which make attack(if you play muted with pick you can hear it clearly) only in mid-highs, brings the bass lvl to something pleasant and makes your bass "leading" instrument. In this way rhythm guitars just complementing the bass, so you have some interesting effect in rhythm section at the end. Rozo can explain it better, cause he know what am i talking about(i hope). Actually this may work for solo/lead bass.

I didn't tried.

The other distortion type is "ghost" dist. When the dist lvl on the pedal close to 0 and freqs do the job. In this case distortion pedal is a preamp. So this way works with slap(in my case).

damn.. I need to learn english.