Help me find this song... if it exists...

vertigoelectric

The game Psyvariar 2's soundtrack has a track called Asteroid (Piano Solo).

Anyway, this track contains a lot of silence and then a "hidden track" at the end of it. The hidden track seems to end suddenly, as if there ought to be more. It's also quite short.

If a full version of this exists, I would love to find it. I've done searches on the composer "WASi303" (according to ID tags) but didn't find anything relevant.

I discovered a forum thread discussing the Psyvariar 2 soundtrack album, and one poster mentioned the hidden track being a remix of the "Psyvariar -Revision-" loading theme. I can't even seem to find anything relevantly helpful on Psyvariar -Revision-, though.

Anybody have any ideas?

Revision is an update to Medium unit, which was released for the arcade and PS2.

You said your version of the track cut abruptly. How long is it? It should be 16:41.

Oh no no, the track itself is complete. However, the "hidden" excerpt at the end of it stops when it actually sounds like it's about to build up to something more. It doesn't just stop dead, either. The last notes still fade off slightly. It's like the composer was creating it in some computer software and just stopped adding to it and rendered it incomplete. Who knows? Maybe it's supposed to be short. It's just the way that it ends doesn't sound like and ending. Hard to explain, so it's probably easiest if you listen to it:

http://www.vertigofx.com/public/audio/20%20Asteroid%20(PianoSolo)%20excerpt.mp3

That's only the "hidden" song at the end of the track. Only about a minute long, and hopefully you can understand what I mean when I say it doesn't like it ends like it ought to.

Perhaps it just ends like that to be loopable?

-edit- Because it definitely is.

I considered that, and I was actually fine with looping it, however, the ending has that extra square lead...

Well, if this is all there is, I can make it work.

On the other hand, as I mentioned earlier, someone said this is a remix of the loading theme from Psyvariar Revision. Anyone know where I can find this "original" tune? I've listened to the soundtracks from Psyvariar and Psyvariar 2 and I can't find a track that has similar melodies that it might been remixed from.

Ok, I can confirm the version you have is a lo-fi arrangement of Loading ~ Complete Edition version composed by Tetsuro Sato aka WASi303.

The original is only available on the 2007 re-release of the Psyvariar OST published by Egg Music (containing music from both 'Medium Unit' and 'Revision').

Where that custom arrangement comes from, I have no idea, but you have the full length track (loopable as Torzelan mentioned).

I've got the album, so I've put the two versions of the song back-to-back and you can confirm for yourself: here you go.

Mystery solved. ;-)

Ok, I can confirm the version you have is a lo-fi arrangement of Loading ~ Complete Edition version composed by Tetsuro Sato aka WASi303.

The original is only available on the 2007 re-release of the Psyvariar OST published by Egg Music (containing music from both 'Medium Unit' and 'Revision').

Where that custom arrangement comes from, I have no idea, but you have the full length track (loopable as Torzelan mentioned).

I've got the album, so I've put the two versions of the song back-to-back and you can confirm for yourself: here you go.

Mystery solved. ;-)

Cool! Thanks! So I guess that means that the 1 minute "LoFi" piece at the end of that track is really all there is to that mix. Well, that kinda sucks, because it sounds like it has a lot more coming, but I can still loop it like it is.

Thanks again!