Crusader of Centy / Soleil - Overworld Map

Kumori

Hello there!

I recently finished an arrangement of the fairly obscure RPG game Crusader of Centy, aka Soleil in Europe, for the Sega Genesis dating back from 94. The theme I chose to arrange is the World Map theme, one of the best of the game in my opinion and the one you hear the most throughout the game.

This is how the original sounded like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhiu5JIwjG0

And this is my arrangement:

http://www.box.com/s/tic52qrp9flbrskc68cm

Also, this is a video in which this arrangement appears kind of integrated in the game... kind of ;-)

http://youtu.be/d1YgNnqWUGU

I hope you enjoy it, whether you know the game and are up for a nostalgia moment or simply because you like how it sounds. I know it sticks a lot to the original, but I don't plan to send it to OCremix for review, just wanted to make it available to anyone who wants to listen and make it sound the way I remember it. It is not an updated MIDI in any case, everything is done by ear.

Thanks for reading/listening! :-)

• 1 month later...

More Ragnacenty is always welcome. I remember that cool remix of Training Grounds you did a while back.

This game's soundtrack has so much potential for remixing. I'll tackle that one someday for sure.

This new mix of yours stays fairly true to

, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

It's more or less an upgrade of the original with updated textures and a few new twists thrown into the mix.

Once again, you've really captured the feel of the game and the piece has this truly nostalgic flair to it.

This is also slightly more upbeat and engrossing, though my only crit is that it could have been a bit longer.

Thanks for sharing and I hope you'll do some more arrangement in the future. :)

Hey there!

Thank you so much for your comments! I really appreciate them :)

I'm really glad to see you still remembered the previous arrangement I did from this game. Surely your comment was one of the most constructive and overall useful I got back then :-) Same can be said this time. You're right this is more of an update and stays fairly loyal to the original... I guess this time I didn't try to add much new stuff to it, although I did in certain parts... probably because this time I didn't work with the pressure of trying to make it to OCremix (you know too close to the original used to mean a NO in here... don't know how things are now but it surely was this way back then... still, I agree with you again in the lenght... listening to it now I'd have probably made it longer, but I guess I wanted to get it done before I got bored and stopped working on it, which is something that happens to me often with arrangements ;-)

This time though I tried to improve the overall sound quality... I remember you told me the Training Grounds remix had some problems with production, which I also agree (can I agree more with you? I don't think so lol) and this time I tried to make it sound crisper, although I still got much to learn in terms of production :)

All in all, thanks again for commenting again :-) I surely will go back to Ragnacenty one of these days so I'll make sure I'll let you know about it when that happens.

Cheers mate!

Yeah, I get where you're coming from. Sometimes the inspiration can get lost in the obsessive pursuit of production values.

That's why it's always good to try and have as much fun with the source as one can, before doing anything else.

The soundtrack of RagnaCenty has been in loop since yesterday and the 'Boss Battle' theme is crawling its way into my mind

...among the 3000 others songs I want or need to remix. Life's too short! :sleepdepriv:

Anyway, if you ever wanna collab on a tune from the game, hit me up. Nos vemos. :wink: