Original Decision

Name: Arceace

Email address: jugglemon312@yahoo.com

Game: Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine

Arrangement name: “Energy Beads”

Original track: Exercise Mode

Link:

Comments:

I have made some drastic improvements this time around. I put more source into the arrangement, replaced the lousy drums, improved the mixing, and gave the entire song a makeover. In the end, after a couple weeks of fiddling around, I came out with something that I am pretty happy with.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

• 1 month later...

Definitely an improvement on the arrangement side of things. Everything is a lot clearer, and there's still a lot of personalization going on. I think the drums sound a lot better as well, but to me they still feel very much on autopilot in terms of the writing. The lack of variation in the drums really stagnates the rest of the piece rather than augmenting the action already going on. I think it's well within your capabilities to add some fills and stuff to the drumwriting to improve it, so I am going to throw this one back at you again.

NO (resubmit, please)

• 3 weeks later...

I like the spin you put on this. There's some solid rearranging going on (especially the double-time section later) while still keeping a lot of what makes the original good. The main problem I have is that the sounds are on the generic side without a lot of treatment. I don't think that your drum patterns need to change (you actually have a lot of variation) but the sounds themselves are a little plain. Experiment with some layering to get some more complex sounds. I also thought there was too much open space at times, and that might be a sign that you could use more complexity in instrumentation. Keep at it, there's a lot of promise here!

NO (resubmit)

• 2 weeks later...

This is literally on the edge for me, and there are a lot of excellent changes here from the initial resubmission. The drum patterns are varied and things sound pretty good, but i think a little bit of spice would kick this over the edge with the other J's. I do think really just adding an additional layer of percussive elements and synths would make this really engaging. If you want to get some more detailed ideas from me, hit me up via PM, otherwise you are definitely capable of tapping this over the edge! Normally i'd give this a borderline yes, but in the interest of moving it back so you can get this feedback, i'll No, resubmit it. Looking forward to hearing the final! :-)