[Chillout / Downtempo / Melodic Glitch] Syllix - Daydream

Hey guys,

So I bring to you my latest creation which includes field recordings as part of the beat, including a lightbulb breaking, hitting sheet metal with sticks, and other things, all which are mixed and layered with "normal" percussion, kick, and snare samples. I also recorded the ocean where I live - west coast Canada. Once again I also experimented with melodic glitch elements in parts of the song, and all around I feel this track has a smooth groove. It's called Daydream, and I hope you enjoy it!

Feedback and comments are much appreciated. I really appreciate anyone taking the time to listen.

http://soundcloud.com/syllix/syllix-daydream

Cheers,

~Syllix

I really like what you've got here man, and while I like the beginning water effects, I pictured a very soothing soundscape to follow. It makes sense there's a large bass for a chillout mood, but...I would really love to hear a large ambient, (maybe whispy sounding, drone sounding) pad to really fill out some spots where nothing's happening. Some big chord that says, "Chhhhhilllll yoooo..."

Just my two cents man, keep up the good work.

EDIT: I realize this is finished but...maybe next time? :P

Wow, this is really clean and pretty. I love the stabby yet ethereal feel of it.

The single thing that I can pick out is that I wish some of the soundscape feeling from the beginning was in the rest of the track, just kind of ebb it in and out to give it a pulse. That's just my personal style preference though.

Still my favorite I've ever heard from you.

@Jakesnke17 Thanks for the feedback man. Near the ending when all the percussion is gone, there is a huge reverb on all those pads I have playing... but I think the issue is the dry signal may be too high so you can't even tell. I have actually heard from quite a few people that they expected a big soundscape to follow, instead of the sharp percussive beat that comes. I'll try to aim for a "chhiiiiillll yoooooo" track next time ;)

@Modus Stabby and ethereal, yeah... it is pretty stabby hehe... I think maybe too stabby, and it should also be more ethereal... Again, your thoughts align with the majority of the responses I've gotten on this track - where is that soundscape? MOAR of the beginning, but bigger, and better, and have it play in the middle somewhere.... I think I will definitely be making a lush, stunning soundscape for my next track. Very happy you liked it! :) It's such motivation for me to make more!