Ebony Wings (Castlevania - Order of Ecclesia)

Taeaekkae

It's been a long time since I last time tried to remix something. I chose this song from NDS's latest Castlevania game Order of Ecclesia.

I took inspiration from finnish humppa-band called Eläkeläiset. It's still on very early stages production wise, but you get the idea what I'm doing.

http://tindeck.com/listen/nhxe

EDIT: Tweaked it a little bit http://tindeck.com/listen/prqk

I'm getting flashbacks of carnivals and Mr.Bungle songs hehe. This is very quirky and bright. Rather charming stuff. With more polish this will be a very entertaining mix. You already said yourself this is early on production-wise so I won't say much, but with some attention to the mix it could really give this some more life.

(Is it normal to be wanting to chant "Hey" in time with the beat at the start of this? :P)

• 2 months later...

Wow, this is one enjoyable mix. :)

- Evil polka? Heh, sounds like it. I can easily imagine large vocal harmonies ala-Weird Al Yankovic over this track. But as it is, it is quite good!

- The inclusion of the circus theme in spots put a grin on my face. Genious.

- The break in the middle was a nice inclusion, especially with the beach/seagull samples. Gave the impression that the whole outdoor carnival is...twisted. Especially with the madness that starts up at 1:26.

- At only 2:47 though, it feels as if it ends very abruptly. Are there plans to extend the song, or is it designed to be this short? Either way, very strong stuff. Please continue working on it. :)