Figure (Propellerhead) in the App Store

While the app is still in its infancy, it's got some really interesting functionality. There's a number of things that will needed to be implemented before it becomes truly useful, though. One of them being to save and export your project. Right now the only way you can get it out of your device is via the audio jack. I'd love to be able to open the projects in Reason itself and I wouldn't be surprised if that's something that happens down the line.

This is Propellerheads first unique iOS application. I don't really count Rebirth since it's just a faithful recreation of their first program. I'm looking forward to see what happens with Figure down the road.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Okay, this app just got a hell of a lot more useful with the update to 1.1!

Changes are:

-Save, browse and load song files

-Set length of loop (1,2,4,8 bars)

-Export audio to iTunes File Sharing

-Better recording. Tabp record and then draw on the pad to start your recording. Or just press Play

-Performance and bug fixes

I threw together this little ditty within the first few minutes of messing around with the update. Being able to use these loops later on in the DAW is awesome. The app is now actually useful for more than just noodling.

http://soundcloud.com/theshaggyfreak/play-time