*NO* Seiken Densetsu 3 'Battleground'

DragonAvenger

• 1 month later...

I think you called this one yourself on the source. Your mix is super close to the original. Nothing wrong with that as is, but it's not something that's going to work for OCR standards. In terms of mixing, I think you did a good job of bringing everything together with the samples you have. I wasn't super convinced on the brass samples, but the woodwinds and percussion was pretty nice. Sequencing feels a little mechanical, and that along with the arrangement side of things would be what I suggest working on the most.

I'm thinking you're not really going to be revamping this for front-page standards as it sounds pretty complete as is. But if you do, I'll look forward to hearing it!

NO (resub?)

• 3 weeks later...

This is pretty well sequenced, and though some of the melodic brass gives it away that it's not performed, it was well balanced and pretty exciting. I do have to agree that it follows the original very closely that it will be a bit uphill to get onto OCR proper, but as an album track it’s perfect. It really emphasizes the good points of the original, while removing a lot of the downright bad mixing choices that were made with the SNES chip. This is everything and more that I would ever want from a cover, and I am very excited that it is on the project, but I think further arrangement would be needed to get it onto OCR. 

No, please resubmit