Contact Information

CJthemusicdude@gmail.com

CJthemusicdude.com

Submission Information

Name of game(s) arranged: Civilization II

Name of individual song(s) arranged: Great Library

Name of remix: Lost in Time

Link to the original soundtrack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQlADVRZQs8

Your own comments about the mix: This is one of those sources that really fascinated me. It's less than an minute long, I have no idea who composed it, or if the piece goes on, but someday I hope I can hear the rest because it's really beautiful. But for now, I'll settle for remixing. If nothing else, I'll be glad I made some musically inclined people listen to the source. :)

• 2 weeks later...

agreed, definitely a beautiful source tune, good find. :) at first I thought maybe the vocals were soundbytes until (you?) started actually singing. the rapping doesn't feel very fluid or natural to me at all, but the melodic sections and the bits with the lead synth were good. however in terms of the sounds at play, that lead was too dry and strident. the other synths were still kinda vanilla, but they got the job done. the drums were very nice, and each time they kicked up a notch, the song got better.

it's not bad but I feel it could use some refinement. not sure what to say about the vocals, but I'm sure others will chime in on them as well.

NO(resub)

• 1 month later...

I don't quite agree with Halc on the narrated part; I think it's decidedly cheesey, but in a cute way. The chorus suffers a bit from not being completely in time, which makes things a little muddy at times when you have consonants not lining up fully. The arrangement is fun, although I felt like the middle was a bit empty, and the ending was a bit too much of a repeat (with the chorus being almost verbatim from before). I think I'd like to hear some more change-ups there, maybe some harmony or counter melodies? Something that would add more of a build and tension to support your story.

Production is still suffering from the generic synths. I think they may be what I'm most not feeling in the middle section. Some sort of layering might add some strength to what's going on.

Fun concept, and a fun source. Hope you touch this up.

NO (resubmit)

• 2 weeks later...

voice narration was cool, and the crazy treated vocals were good. The concept of this was really good, and i think the vocals were solid with a few timing issues. I do think that the backing track sounds aren't really supporting in a way that they should be, and the backing parts should sound richer and more filled out. I would suggest going to the WIP threads and getting some assistance, as the concept and arrangement are very solid, and I'd like for this to be featured on the site.

No, please resubmit