DragonAvenger

My remixer name is: Shaan Sharma

www.shaansharma.com

userID: cotter0

Song Info:

Mass Effect 1

Uncharted Noveria

Noveria & Uncharted Worlds

Just really love the music and wanted to make my own version!

Warmest Regards,

Shaan Sharma

----------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpu5cTk_qvI - chart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWW-hJbzhSU - noveria

• 1 month later...

This is a tough call overall. There is personalization to the mix, and it covers at least Noveria well (I'm having a tougher time connecting to Uncharted, but I do believe it's in there). I do think that this starts to stagnate after a bit, however, and could use something more varied to push the interest level up towards the end. I think even having more varied drumwork might be the key here for me. Other details, like having just a little bit of rhythmic variation on the bass would also help add to the intricacy of the piece. Also, having that background pattern change up, which might even be the root of the whole issue, now that I listen to it further.

Production overall is pretty clean, although I think the bass might be a touch loud, and the backing piano a tad muddy as things really are moving.

Personally, I think it's a close call, although I could see other judges being less in favor of the arrangement. I'm going to give this a resub, and hope you address the many small things that are adding up here.

NO (resubmit)

• 3 weeks later...

i think this is pretty good, except the backing pattern and the beats are so similar for the duration of the track. There is a small pocket where it changes up slightly, but then the beat returns to it's previous state. I think the sequencing is a little bit mechanical as well, though that may just be the unyielding subdivision going on. The ending also needs some love, and things just stop dead.

I think the endlessly repeating patterns are the main issue here, and need to be mixed up. The dynamics of the track itself are also very minimal, and the song feels like a constant loop that is turned on, and then just stopped at the end. Maybe have a half time section or two to help break up, some dynamic swells, or change up some instruments in a few sections.

No, please resubmit

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice mood building and production, but I gotta agree with OA's comment about the same patterns being too overused. I really like the vertical building you do (not everyone has a talent for that), but it's too much of the same gear for the song. An original section with some chord changes or a dropout section would do wonders to keeping the listener's interest. A more conclusive ending would help too.

I would also try to highlight the string-like instruments a little more because in the sections where they are used, they sound like a lead but they are tucked way into the background. Instead, the piano is much more forward but it's written like a background instrument. I hope that makes sense? I see promise in this arrangement and I'd love for you to send us another version.

NO (resubmit)