*NO* Super Mario Bros. 'Underground Sound' *RESUB*

djpretzel

Yeah, I’m not hearing enough variation from the original submission for my decision to be changed. Most important for me, the lack of development remains. That’s cool though, don’t let the panel steal your sunshine, Sunshine. This is a really fun song and if you don’t want to change it, I think you should leave it just the way it is. As the late Bob Ross always said of art, "It's your little world."

NO

I didn't vote on the previous one, but from the beginning this was immediately problematic. The synths sound so over eq'd. There's a lot of sharp treble and nothing else going on throughout the mix. We have the lead, some basic background instrumentation supporting it and a very loud drum pattern throughout. Sure it's a dance mix and supposed to sound loud. But this got immediately repetitive and dull. The concept and execution works as a good framework. I'd like to hear you add more supporting material, evolution of the structure. As it is now, it gets really redundant not even halfway through. The sound FX work (sometimes) and are nice reminders of the game, but when they're this overused it ceases to be of interest. I'd also like to hear some instrumentation change ups as well. The texture of the piece was really stagnant with the same sounding basic instruments throughout.

More variety and evolution please. Enjoyable on some levels but needs a lot more work in my view. This shows promise and I'd like to hear a revamp of this with a lot more work (not few small edits). Keep at it though. NO