*NO* Deus Ex 'Deus Ex Machina'

djpretzel

Source: http://www.ioncross.com/users/the_orichalcon/other/Title_Music.umx - Title Music (2:24)

At 1:09 in length, there is just not enough here to warrant this for posting up onto OCR. This piece utilises a single string sample without adding anything else along the (very short) way to accompany it. The artist says this piece is classical in genre, but using a strings soundfont doesn't mean your mix instantly becomes "classical."

Compared to the source material, I'm struggling to hear anything barring the slightest references from the midpoint of the original. Perhaps if this was a lot longer, and had a lot more effort put into it, it could've evolved into a good remix, but as is there's not enough.

Sorry mate, but you need to put in much more effort than this to see your remix posted up onto OCR. This isn't going to pass, so I'm going to close this with a

NO OVERRIDE

I'll second the NO OVERRIDE. The chord progression seems to be the largest tie to the source material and at just over a minute, a much stronger connection to the source needs to be established for this to have a chance of passing.

The strings are actually pretty good James. Work this intro into a fully developed piece and you might have something nice on your hands.