Sitar Players?

Phonetic Hero

So, I love writing temple-y sexy jams, and sitar fits right into that insrumentation. I've tried Kontakt's factory sitar sample, and it's ok... but doesn't sound great. I'm not in a position to buy IS's Sitar Nation sample library (which sounds absolutely fantastic, just don't have any extra money laying around atm :P ), and I got to wondering if anyone around here actually plays. It's a super badass instrument, just really uncommon, and I'd love to get some live playing if possible. So... sitar players?

Devil's Advocate yet again: I'd be surprised if any of them played the Sitar on a recordable level. Not that I'm trying to trash anyone, but I've not heard of any of those people and I'm not convinced they'd be easy to get to lay down Sitar sounds for you.

Fact of the matter is, you could likely afford IS's Sitar Nation easier than you could get anyone to play it for you.

Getting someone to play live on your track is always a special thing worth celebrating - if it works. In my experience its a lot of time waiting for them to get around to it and other issues along the way. With some diligence, you could a Sitar to sound reasonably the same - and it's only $80. You could do so much worse with that money. ;)