Songs: Basilisk Mine (I think it's technically called Ryu's

Determination?), Gerudo Valley

Remixer name: MtM

I was told to polish up the production a bit and resubmit (I actually

noticed how bad the production sounded when I got some new headphones

for my birthday a couple weeks ago). So I fixed it! And here is the

(hopefully) final mix!

• 3 months later...

Listened to this new version as well as some snippets of the old version to compare. There are definitely some good improvements, and now there are a couple of new issues I'm hearing as well. The snare definitely sounds better, although I'm still not fully sold on it as-is. I also realized how simple the drum writing is at times, although it fits the genre. The soundscape definitely feels like it's been moved back from the original, although I almost feel like there's a haze over everything now that i'm finding a bit distracting. Hopefully another judge can articulate that better as well as how to improve on it. Lastly for me, the ending feels a bit sudden, which I didn't notice in your first version (my fault for missing it). With the amount of repetitions on the Gerudo theme at that point, maybe dropping out a couple background elements at that point and adding a filter effect might help make the piece feel more like it's wrapping up.

All that being said, I do want to reiterate how much I really enjoy the arrangement, and how that I think the combination of the two sources is super-excellently done. Almost all the transitions between themes is seamless, and it's really fun to hear the source get switched up so readily. I definitely want to see this on the front page, and am really hoping you take a swing at this one again.

NO (resubmit, please!)

• 2 weeks later...

I do think this is an overall improvement in the mixing and balance, but as Deia mentioned, there are still a few issues, and the better balance is allowing us to hear some things that weren't as apparent before.

The snare sound is missing a solid crack that really lets it cut through, and some of the synths are sounding very repetitive. I think Deia's suggestion of mixing them up for a few sections would help the track feel fresher. Once everything is going full bore, it feels like there is no room to expand and you don't really cut back.

I think adding some additional modulation to some of the sequencing would help this feel more polished, and EQing them so there is a bit more separation would be good too.

I personally don't really think the simple drum pattern is that effective, but that is more of a personal preference I think.

It's closer but needs another pass, I feel.

No, please resubmit

Before the 1:09 mark, this was a little too basic. Lot of repetition and not a lot of layers. After that, you did more to fill things out, but the balance still felt a little off and the patterns were still too overused. The leads sounded pretty distinct from the rest of the track, not that well integrated and a bit dry. Definitely some promise here, and the mixing of the two sources worked, but this felt too underdeveloped overall.

NO (resubmit)