Fallout New Vegas - Theme Orchestra

dummy

I did another remix/orchestration this morning. I actually started with the choir bit that's in the middle of the song, testing out a library I'm working on. The rest was then built around it. I wanted to keep the melody quite close to the original as it's such an iconic theme to me. I did make it a little more action-packed and faster, though.

or SoundCloud

As with all my other pieces, it's finished but I'm always trying to improve so any criticism, comments or opinions are welcome. One particular thing I've had so far with this is that it lacks 'feeling' so I'd definitely like thoughts on that. Things I personally wasn't happy with is the brass. It's CineBrass blended with my own library. I think the blending muddies it a little too much. I am my own worst critic and tend to think everything could be better, so outside perspective would be great.

Not sure I would have thought of it without the thought planted by the post, but yeah, it might lack feeling. Or rather, it lacks color. It's got mood, like a sepia-toned photo, but those are its only colors.

Now you got me thinking about what actually gives something color, how some tracks are cartoonishly colorful while others are fps-brown. Can't just be sound design, can't just be melody, can't just be mixing... or can it?

Interesting thinking! When I wrote it, I also hadn't thought 'this has no feeling' but one people had mentioned it and put it into my head it does seem that way. However, I can't nail down why exactly - there's a mixture of dynamics, instruments and melody to try to keep it interesting. Right now my hunch is that it's the rhythm of the actual piece.

Perhaps it just needs to be a sepia-toned photo. Dusty, brown, dry, eroding desert is what I get when I think 'Fallout New Vegas'