Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts - Haunted Graveyard Orchestra

dummy

I was just playing around with some samples to get them sounding okay and testing things when I made this. I get told a lot that my style sounds very Danny Elfmanish, so I went full out and shamelessly ripped him off for this piece - It's not meant to be taken seriously.

| SoundCloud

It's Haunted Graveyard from Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts. I've not played in years so I went from ear by watching a YouTube playthrough video. I consider it finished but I'd definitely be interested in thoughts/opinions/crits in regards to the samples and the realism of the piece. One problem I already have with it is that the tuba doesn't sit well in the mix - it sounds too close as if the tuba dude is sitting on the cello dude's lap. Anything other observations/ideas are welcome!

Dude, this is incredible! I don't have a lot of experience with orchestra arrangements, (Aside from the honer bands that I participated in high school) but from what I can tell, the production quality is superb. Unfortunately, I haven't had any experience with the ghouls and ghosts franchise, but with music like that I might try to see if I can play it some time.

I've always wanted to try my hand at working with this style of music, but I don't think FL Studio would be a good place to start.:P Are you doing all of this with samples, or do have a VST?

Anyway, this was really fun to listen to. Awesome work, man!

Thanks! Glad you liked it.

I actually use FL Studio so it's definitely capable of making this kind of music with the right plugins/samples. This piece was all samples running through Kontakt 5. Quite a few libraries were used (video description has the full list) and also custom recordings chucked in to add a bit more realism.

Thanks again for the kind words! Really appreciate it.