FFIX: Rose of May (Beatrix's Theme)

Pl511

stats.png

Finally I have created another remix! This is sort of less of a remix and more of an arrangement, but I think I changed it enough for it to be at least considered as being a remix. I'm also going to be working on perhaps adding other instruments into the mix.

To be honest, this is mostly just a test to see how much humanisation I could get into a single track. None of this was recorded using a keyboard, so I think I did a fairly awesome job on that front. I think I've improved a lot since Lost Radiance. :D

This is a really nice arrangement, the harmonies/melodies you added are beautiful!

Great humanization too. Everything flows really well and there's good variation in the velocities.

The only thing I'd change is to make the crescendo at the end a bit more obvious. It doesn't quite feel like it's building up as much as it should.

Also, is it just me or do the high notes between 0:10 and 0:17 sound kind of muffled? None of the other notes in the song sound quite like that to me...

This is a really nice arrangement, the harmonies/melodies you added are beautiful!

Great humanization too. Everything flows really well and there's good variation in the velocities.

The only thing I'd change is to make the crescendo at the end a bit more obvious. It doesn't quite feel like it's building up as much as it should.

Also, is it just me or do the high notes between 0:10 and 0:17 sound kind of muffled? None of the other notes in the song sound quite like that to me...

Thanks! :D Not quite sure about the muffled notes. I think it might possibly be slight distortion from the notes on the second chord of both sequences because they each have 4 notes (which are both just basic chords) and each of the notes have the same velocity so that could have possibly be the reason. In actuality, it might just be something with the soundfont because I have known this one to be fairly picky with note positioning and sometimes even running through a basic instrumental clip of notes.