This is Your 'Freedom' - Sonic 2/Sonic Adventure 2 Remix

ad.mixx

**Just so there's no confusion, this song was originally called "Flying with You", but it was changed in order to fit on my new EP.

No reason not to post this here I guess - still have about 1 week before I can submit anything to OCR, so wanna go ahead and get some last minute feedback before I sub this one. Did it for the Sonic Zone Remix Competition.

Sources:

(plays until :47 in video. It's the harp pattern in the remix - usage of this was completely unintentional, after about half way through the song when I realized I was using it, I decided to keep it though, just because it sounded good)

Remix: https://www.box.com/s/tv73v60gxmpdowq6o5zn

this one by my standard is super liberal. I pretty much only use the riff from :19-:26 of the second source, and the main riff of sky chase zone along with the chords from that song. Yeah, super liberal, but the sources are still noticable - so there's that.

Please comment if you notice anything about the production, or think arrangement needs to be changed up at all. Don't plan on putting this up for mod review - this is my comfort zone in music and I don't feel like I need in-depth critics at this point.

edit: oh yeah, I know the reverb on the main synth used in the chorus may be a little odd compared to the rest of the instruments, but it was all intentional. I wanted the melody to be drowned out in the song, it gives a cool feel IMO.

oh yeah, also i put another source in

You put together a nice atmosphere here. The temperature of the beat is nice and the form of the song does feel like it's calmly heading somewhere. The way the ending happened however, I felt like I got snagged in a tree instead of dissipated out into the stratosphere like I wanted . . .

Like you said, it is pretty liberal. I know both of the top source tunes, and I didn't really recognize either. As far as production goes, there feels like too much competition in the 300 - 900Hz range.

That could be the harp, it was kind of distracting and honestly hurting my ears on my headphones now that I listened to it more. Gonna try and master it a bit better.

Also good comment on the ending, I didn't think that it really interfered with the atmosphere of the song too much. I'm going to see about trying different things for it.

thanks for the feedback!