Oblivion, Auriel's Ascension

Argle

Soule is getting way too little love around here. So - thank you.

As far as the ReMix goes... I liked the source mostly for the rainy mood, and your ReMix hasn't kept any of it. It also feels a little generic and background-ish for its aggressive style. Hopefully someone else can put that into words better than I can, assuming anyone agrees with me.

Soule is getting way too little love around here. So - thank you.

As far as the ReMix goes... I liked the source mostly for the rainy mood, and your ReMix hasn't kept any of it. It also feels a little generic and background-ish for its aggressive style. Hopefully someone else can put that into words better than I can, assuming anyone agrees with me.

Agreed on all points. Not enough remixes from the Elder Scrolls series in particular.

The problem with the sound, is that the original is a relaxing down-tempo orchestral piece, and this is electronic. To be honest, the transition here isn't bad at all after the intro, and first minute or so. Having melody fragments at a higher tempo during the beginning sounds a bit unprofessional to me.

The intro feels somewhat empty; like something is missing. Once the song kicks into gear, it sounds much better. The drums are nice! I think that you might want to try to replace the first lead with something more full. The guitar soloing is awesome. The soloing based off of the source is cool too. When the source melody returns, the bell doesn't seem to be powerful enough compared with he rest of the soundscape. The Coda is cool too, though it feels slightly too short.

I think that your biggest issue is handling the intro, and making sure that the melody fits the style without sounding unprofessional. Overall, it's a cool track once you get past the intro.

I don't think I'm done tweaking the intro, not quite happy with it. And I'm not sure if I like the first main lead sound or not. Thankfully I've only been at this track for a week so I'm not sick of it yet.

and yep, this sounds nothing at all like the original. Which might not be a selling point for people who like the original soundtrack. :lol:

I like what you've done with the melody quite a bit; taking it uptempo is a good idea.

However, the strength of the original piece lies in the choice of underlying chords used by Soule; I am losing those chords behind your drums, though I can tell that something is there in your mix. Try making your synth pads louder in the mix relative to the drums.