Wild Arms - Euphoric Calm (rock style)

-Dan

• 4 weeks later...

This is good stuff. Don't be disheartened by having no replies, it happens. Its not a reflection on the mix :)

Generally the production is good. It feels a little narrow to me in parts but its fine. The lead could be given a bit more seperation from the rhythms so it stands out more. Everything is well performed so no complaints there.

The clean middle section is really nice. Adds a good amount of contrast to the opening section. When the distorted rhythm returns it doesn't sound as good. It sounds unbalanced after having them panned left and right previously. Not a fan of the fade out at the end, which is personal preference but if you could finish it off properly it'd be nice.

I'm not familiar with the source, even having listened to it, I find it tricky picking it out at times but meh. I wouldn't worry about that kind of thing, as I just need to get more familiar with the source. Its a good arrangement and well performed. The only thing that lets it down in my opinion in the ending. I only say that because I like the first two sections. They're well-crafted. Sort out the rhythm guitar at the end and the fade-out and you got a a killer track :<

Thank you very much for the reply Magellanic!

I was never satisfied with my rythm distortions guitars. In this mix, it was guitar rig, and I agree with you about the narrow parts. Hope to improve that in a future mix!

The end is my fault. Originally I was remixing this track intending to claim for Wild Arms Remix Project, which Emunator gave me a tip to try that. However, they wanted a Orchestral track for this song, wich is totally understandable, and it discouraged me to finish it.

This was the result, heheh.

Thanks again to listen!