LooneyTunerIan's Musical Challenges

LooneyTunerIan

I have here a couple of musical challenges that I've made on YouTube. They're based on the classic Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies series. There are also some links that lead to empty templates, study guides and music sheets that can help you out with the challenges.

Here's the challenges so far:

The Road Runner Show Various Themes Musical Challenge (Not Yet Made)

The purpose of these challenges:

They have been created to help music composers out for future jobs at Warner Bros., for the cartoon division series: The Looney Tunes.

For example: Let's say someone wants to become the new Carl Stalling/Milt Franklyn for the Warner Bros. Animation series, the Looney Tunes.

He/she will problably have to know certain theme tunes from the classic LT&MM Cartoon series.

These challenges you see here helps that person practice the themes from the classic cartoon series.

So that way, whenever he or she is ready to take on something more challenging like doing a musical redub of a classic LT&MM Cartoon for a shortened redubbed Looney Tunes series, simiiar to that of Disney's Have a Laugh series, he/she'll know what to do.

Good luck to anyone who participates in the challenge. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

And speaking of questions, how does anyone feel about a Looney Tunes Reorchestration Project? I'm just asking to see if anyone's interested in doing a project based on the classical cartoon music from the Looney Tunes series.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone? :(

Apparently not. :(

Ian, there are music ppl who are also fans of WB's cartoons out there, but this is clearly not where they hang out. If I were you, I'd focus on the WB fandom (or cartoon animation fans in general) first and music communities second. Making music isn't a half-minute thing, it takes a while to figure out what to do with a source track, and then to get every instrument the way you want it and make them all play nice with each other takes a lot of time. That's time that many of us would rather put into vgm remixes for this community than into WB remixes. That's the time that doesn't end up as work or sleep or the mythical thing called life.

I don't see anything wrong with recruiting for a WB album here, but if this is the only place you're fishing, you're gonna get disappointed. Also, projects are not run in the R&C forum and an album that isn't vgm-related wouldn't get a thread in Projects, so you'd need to find somewhere else to run the project anyway. Likewise, your challenges seem more like competitions to me. That makes the R&C the wrong forum for it.

Finally, almost half the paragraphs in your post are about becoming a composer for WB. Dude.

In short: If nobody here bites, fish somewhere else.

Anyone? :(

Dude, no one bit your line over at the Zelda Reorchestrated forums and I highly doubt that anyone is going to bite here. You're just going to have to learn to do it yourself.

If you're really interested in a Looney Tunes Reorchestration project, start one yourself. It's like that baseball movie Field of Dreams; if you build it, they will come.

• 1 month later...