Remixer name - Eternal Infamy

Real Name - Josh Hamby

Email - Admin@eternalinfamy.com

Website - www.eternalinfamy.com

Remix Info

Final Fantasy VII

Cosmo Canyon/Red XIII's Theme

Composer Nobuo Uematsu

Inspiration: Red XIII was my favorite character from Final Fantasy VII I learned Cosmo Canyon on guitar to play at a friends party for a gag type thing between gamers. Later I decided my version was pretty good so I decided to go to our studio and record it.

Source: http://www.zophar.net/psf/FF7_psf.rar 121 Red XIII's Theme, 301 Cosmo Canyon

Well the power of the beginning is pretty good. The drums are nice and powerful, however they don't offer much of a changeup through the mix. In fact, they don't offer any change up at all. The guitar sounds all right, though it's a little too over reverbed for me.

The problem here is that this is pretty much just a cover. Note for note all the way until the end with very little reinterpretation of the theme. It goes for 1:54 which is not long enough, even for a cover mix. The drums offer no change, and the only thing playing the melody is the guitar rhythm and lead, with a single synth note being held down at the end.

OCR Guidelines]In terms of arrangement - how close or distant ReMixes should be to the original - the general rule is that the ReMix should be YOURS. We don't just mean that you were involved in its creation, but that it is different enough from the original so as to readily illustrate the contributions, modifications, and enhancements you have made.

While this might be a fun tune to play on your guitar for your friends, it's not nearly enough to warrant a place on OCR.

NO OVERRIDE