OceansAndrew

Name: Arceace

Email address:

Game: Crash Bandicoot Warped

Arrangement name: “Tiny’s Requiem”

Original track: Tiny Tiger Theme

Link:

Comments:

This is a remix for the Crash Bandicoot Warped album project. This is by far the most aggressive arrangement that I have ever attempted. It all originally started off with an experiment with a hard-core drum sample pack that I downloaded when I realized that I could make them sound pretty loud. I figured I would mess around with Tiny’s theme and see what happened. To my surprise, I really liked what happened and I decided to finish it for the album project.

Tiny has always been my favorite villain from the crash series, and I really wanted to reflect on his character when making this remix. I remember that every battle that I had with Tiny as a kid was relentless, so I wanted to make sure that the song reflected what I felt. My major focus was getting the drums to pound throughout the whole song. I also tried to get some pretty rough sounds to accompany the drums. In the end, I really like how this turned out, and I hope it is a pleasure to listen to.

-Arceace

• 1 month later...

Man, this track is pretty awesome, but the samples are killing it deader than dead. The bass and drums in particular are really sounding so weak/thin. The soundscape overall feels very constricted, and could be opened up as well.

My one nitpick on the arrangment is the transition at 2:09 feels very forced and really brings the listener out of the experience. I'd look at revamping that.

Seriously, if you can upgrade the sounds I'd be all over this.

NO (resubmit, please!)

Talk about making the most out of what you've got. The samples and processing here are all as vanilla as you can get, but the sequencing/automation is excellent. Fantastic solo too. Unfortunately, you'd have to have a near-flawless arrangement to get by with these sounds, and I don't think this is quite there. There's some level of repetition that is amplified by the bland sounds and the bridge fadeout is awkward. I hope you resub this because this was quite catchy despite the problems.

NO (resubmit)

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, this arrangement is great, and some of the drums are working, while others are pretty thin. Thankfully, you can get some pretty solid free drums that you can double up and layer what you already have at this convenient link:

http://impactsoundworks.com/products/untuned-percussion/cinematic-synthetic-drums/

I do think the transition needs some more smoothing as well, and some further rhythmic variety wouldn't hurt. This is a very strong resubmission candidate though, so beef up those drums with some good ol' Zircon samples, and smooth out the transition!

No, please resubmit!