*NO* Metal Gear Solid 2 'Pentazemin Trip'

djpretzel

Contact info

Remixer name: JDB Entertainment

Email adress: jandebruyn@telenet.be

Forum userid: Can't find it (JDB Entertainment)

ReMix info

Name of game remixed: Metal Gear Solid 2

Name of song remixed: Main Theme

Link to remix:

General comments

This being my first remix, I am happy that I may finally add something to OC ReMix, if the judges

decide my work is good enough to be put on the site. I know quite a few people here in Belgium

who visit OC ReMix regulary, although none of them has any music-making capabilities. It would

be nice to see their surprised faces as they see a remix, made by me, on the site!

Comments about the ReMix

The MGS main theme is a great theme, although I couldn't find any dance/trance remix of it on the site.

Using a lot of paper and pencils (to write the notes down, and also some ideas), I managed to put

together a song I really liked listening to. After showing it to my brother, I decided to submit it because

he loved it. It may not be very deep, but it certainly makes my body move...

PS: Keep up the good work, OC ReMix is a brilliant idea/site!

okay...first of all..the intro has absolutely nothing to do with the body of the track. the body of the track is waaaay too repetitive. the track is generally thin, with only a few instruments playing at a time. but ow it's SOOOO repetitive.

NO

BTW: naming this track after benzos is entirely inappropriate. Benzos are relaxants.

Metal Gear Solid 2 OST - 01 "Metal Gear Solid Main Theme (MGS2 Version)"

I wouldn't recommend encoding this at anything lower than 128kbps unless using LAME VBR. 96kbps is too low. There's virtually no high-end here. Everything sounds really dull and lo-fi.

Very liberal allusions to the source until it was brought in at 1:07 with some very sparse electronic conversion. Not much in the way of polyphony. Hahahaha, using just the first few notes of the source tune from 1:31-onward was definitely not working here.

Lame hand drum sample pasted on top for the first time from 1:54-1:56. Percussion dropped out briefly at 2:49, but that was only replaced by something else.

Arrangement retread at 3:31, which I could have done without. Track is too long and doesn't have anything going for it. Poor job developing anything worthwhile from the original, sorry. The concept is there, but it's poorly realized.

NO

• 3 weeks later...

That intro is very basic and bland up until 0:45. When you finally introduce something it's just a couple of buzzy synths over the top of a basic sounding drumbeat, and a very thin lead playing the melody from 1:07.

This entire mix is very thin and basic. As Vig pointed out, there are only a few instruments playing at any given time in the mix. You need to work on making your mixes a lot more complex and detailed than this, regardless of the source.

Repetative is a nice way of putting it for this mix.

NO