*NO* Vectorman 'Dropping Vectors' *FT*

Liontamer

Hello, this was my submission to OCReMix that I had sent in on 8/29/05. For some reason it looks like it may have fallen through the cracks.... I would appreciate it if you could post this to the juding panel. Thank you very much. Here is the original e-mail I sent with minor adjustments added.

remixer name: raybobindustries

e-mail: raybobindustries.worldnet.att.net

original game: Vectorman

original song: Stayin' Alive

my remix name: Dropping Vectors

link to submission:

The original song, which takes place as Vectorman cruises across a 70's dance floor, was a little too weak for me. I decided to make this song dry and edgy with very power synth sounds. I hope you enjoy it.

.in.proto.we.trust.

www.raybobindustries.com

.©.2oo5.raybob.industries.inc.

http://www.zophar.net/gym/vectrman.rar - Day 11 "Stayin' Alive"

Though the instrumentation/synth design seems too basic, the mix does a good job of tailoring it for its genre by filling out the original and building upon it with some good additive ideas. The production was fairly full and the sound was clean. I'd be interested in zircon's comments in particular.

Work on giving the track some more activity/instrumentation in the background to fill out the soundfield. The percussion patterns are too basic and repetitive, which could be also be argued for the arrangement as a whole. Though there's some new stuff from 2:13-2:32, after you get to 1:22 you've basically heard the whole track, so fashion some new ideas to stave off unsatisfying repetition.

Right now, there's not enough going on here, which I realize was the style of the Vectorman soundtrack but doesn't quite stand on it's own. Keep working on it, and take use of the ReMixing and Works forums if you haven't been doing so already.

NO

• 3 weeks later...

wow, there's really not a lot to work with as far as the source tune goes...

hmmmmm.

this is repetitious and is basically a hi-fi version of the original.

suggestions:

* trim the arrangement down

* change up the harmonic structure

* make the drum programming more varied

these will help hold the listeners attention.

NO

Yeah definitely a basic upgrade of the original. I'd like to hear your personal interpretation here. Add your own personal style and creative ideas, merge it with this upgraded source material.

This is too repetitive. Consider including other source material to help give the appearance of evolution. Right now the mix just tends to drag on and on with the same patterns going on forever.

Considering you had little to work with the source you should consider adding a strong melody/harmonic support and/or adding more source materials. This sounds like a framework for a mix, but where's the meat here?

NO