name of arrangement: a planet´s demise

name of individual song arranged: can you hear the cry of the planet

additional information: software used: magix music maker 17 premium

Thx.

Best regards

Tobi

---------

• 1 month later...

I'm almost immediately noticing that a lot of the different parts are not matching together in tempo. The backing guitar is going faster than the drums, and the bass part is not matching either of those. It makes the track sound disjointed, and is the first thing that really needs to be fixed up.

The sound quality overall is kind of weak, with the lead guitars and drums sounding especially fake. Overall a sound upgrade would help your realism and might also help open up the soundscape. I'd like to hear more on the low end and also some more harmonies and textures to fill things out. This will help the arrangement as well, which is a bit on the basic side with some repetition. The ending could be stronger as well.

I do like where you are going with this in terms of arrangement and style, and I think if you take some time to expand on what you have as well as fill out the structure you can build this up nicely. Upgrading the sounds is going to help as well. Make use of our WIP forums to get some advice from the forum goers as well as the moderators here. Good luck!

NO

Gotta agree with DA that there's a lot of promise here, but it needs a more solid execution. Mood and instruments are awesome - keep them and try to make them sound more cohesive. There's a thinness pervading this song that should be filled in, and the snare sounded way too dry for what was going on. The backing guitar being a little slower actually sounded okay to me, if I'm being generous. Kind of gave this an eerie vibe and it wasn't so prominent that it sounded terrible. The out-of-time distorted rhodes (?) later in the song sounded bad though since it was so prominent. Another big issue was that there wasn't much of a direction here. I can see an ambient, impressionistic take working, but this wasn't quite that. I'd love for you to get some help ironing out some of the production details and coming back with something more focused. This has the potential to be really good.

NO (resubmit)

• 2 weeks later...

I can see the mood you're going for but as m'chums have said the subtlety isn't there to pull it off. The mix is very mid heavy to begin with and comes across a bit woofy. Some of the distorted instruments sound very messy, for example at 0:51. It's also a bit on the short side. There is a lot of room to develop the ideas and stretch this out.

I can see what you're aiming for and it would sound pretty cool, so keep going with it!

NO