Sonic 3 Credits [80s SynthPop Style]

MasterJace

Trying something new for a change and figured I'd come here for some critique since people here might actually have an inkling on the theory behind '80 electropop. Not to mention any mastering tips I can pick up.

Let me know what you guys think. I might have used too much reverb in some areas.

You really know how to do your 80s stuff. ^_^

I think my biggest problem with it is that as much as the snare sounds 80s, it doesn't feel big enough. So much of the snare sounds in the 80s were huge and loud. I mean, one example that just randomly came off the top of my head is "What Have You Done For Me Lately" by Janet Jackson. That snare's much different, but you get what I mean.

Great remix overall. :D

Those toms. In general, the atmosphere is great. :D But yeah, I agree, definitely layer more snares on top of that at 1:04. You can probably still layer more 80s snares there to get the overall sound you want while still sticking to the 80s idea.

At 1:36, the snare+clap layer is strong, but not in a preferable way. It feels like your clap is louder than your snare, but your clap is longer. Try choosing a shorter clap and a longer snare.

There isn't too much reverb, but use a spectral analyzer and fix your levels. Make sure things are how loud they should sound.

Some things are too soft, like at 2:12 and 4:35 with the guitar.

The square lead at 3:13 could use some modulation, like vibrato to keep things interesting.

Great ideas, keep it up!