OC ReMix Live Band? [OverClocked University]

SwordBreaker

So I just noticed this teaser video uploaded on OCR's YouTube channel. The concept is very interesting. About time OCR gets a live band going. Looking forward to seeing these live performances on YT, too.

Ramps up all sorts of speculation though. Who are the members of this band? Will they perform/cover selected material already on OCR or all new remixes? Is there an album on the way? I'd love to get some discussion and teasers here!

BTW, that Wave Race remix playing in the background is awesome! Is that on OCR?

EDIT: never mind. Just saw the description. Will copy and paste here. I didn't know that this was a thing before. Good stuff:

Previously known as OCR Live, OverClocked University is a live band born out of some of the core members of the OverClocked ReMix community. For the past two years, Andrew Luers (OA), Stevo Bortz (Level 99), Deia Vengen (DragonAvenger), and Amy Hsieh (diotrans) have been honing their killer live chops by playing their anthemic rock songs at OCR panels across America. This year, at MAGFest 11, OCR Live transforms into OverClocked University for the first time, and forever more.

This has been in the makings for a while. Andrew, Amy, Deia, and myself have been performing at OC ReMix panels for the last two years or so honing our live chemistry together. We started playing mostly pre-existing ReMixes but were already working on writing new ones just to play live. We felt like we would have enough live material to fill a full concert setlist this year at MAG, so that's what we're doing!

The Waverace 64 mix you hear in the teaser is brand new, and one that we've been working on for a few months. Really proud of how the "demo" turned out. We haven't given a full reveal of the setlist yet, but you can infer plenty from the description on the YouTube.

I'm fairly certain footage from the show at MAG will end up somewhere online if its good enough, as for an album and the rest of it, you'll just have to wait and see!

No live drummer due to logistics and gear transportation. The ReMix-o-Tron 5000 gets it done though. Less ego too! ;-)

Also considering how layered a lot of these arrangements are, some tracks would require us to have....like, 12 people on stage at the same time.

And I don't have that kind of time/money/attention span to take care of.

Ohh look, a friendly bee!

This has been in the makings for a while. Andrew, Amy, Deia, and myself have been performing at OC ReMix panels for the last two years or so honing our live chemistry together. We started playing mostly pre-existing ReMixes but were already working on writing new ones just to play live. We felt like we would have enough live material to fill a full concert setlist this year at MAG, so that's what we're doing!

The Waverace 64 mix you hear in the teaser is brand new, and one that we've been working on for a few months. Really proud of how the "demo" turned out. We haven't given a full reveal of the setlist yet, but you can infer plenty from the description on the YouTube.

I'm fairly certain footage from the show at MAG will end up somewhere online if its good enough, as for an album and the rest of it, you'll just have to wait and see!

Very exciting stuff. Can't wait to see what the future holds. I'm surprised that there's not a lot of hype surrounding this considering the concept. Maybe once you guys perform at MAG and release some sort of EP, you'll circulate more. I tried looking around for videos of your panel performances but I can't seem to find much.

That Wave Race mix sounds sick. Looking forward to the full release. Too bad you guys don't have a drummer. A live drummer shakes things up and makes things more exciting...but maybe that machine of yours can maintain the hype.