*NO* Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 'Thunder 'n Lightning (CrimsonMid.Ed.)' *RESUB*

djpretzel

LT Edit - Original Decision: http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=68050

This is a resubmission of my previous song "Thunder 'N Lightning." I decided to not play my sax for it, and save playing it for future arragements that I proceed with. Anyhow, here is the link:

If it does not work, you can send me an e-mail or something and I'll PM a judge with link (since the last time the link didn't work, I sent another right away to djpretzel, yet the version over at VGMix was judged instead).

Oh yeah, the necessary information and shtuff...

--Contact Info--

*Xenon Odyssey

*Bobby Keller

*xenonodyssey22@netscape.net

*None

--ReMix Info--

*The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time

*Song of Storms/Windmill Hut

*Larry's got this covered

*http://www.zophar.net/usf/lozusf.rar - #57 *Well, I made this for the Dwelling of Fools competetion and won first palce back in August. Then I released it to VGMix and submitted it here. I got reviews, and once I read them, I realized that I had done a very stupid thing to submit to OCR. SO, I started working on it again, adding more and more things. Finally, djp sent me an e-mail saying the previous RapidShare link was broken, so I sent him a new link with a new version. Of course, Liontamer goes and uses the version I had up at VGMix since the song was a fall-through (though that's not his fault; he didn't know of the other version in the first place). It gets shot down by the smitting flames of Vig, Liontamer, analoq, and GrayLightning. Of course, that was completely expected, as the piece was extremely horrible back then (though all my friends liked it...idiots). So, I hope I have revamped it enough for it to pass as an OCR.

Also, if this passes, please keep the "(Crimson Midnight Edition)" in the title as to distinguish this version from the other two on VGMix and OverLooked ReMiX. Thank you.

Goddamn that was a long e-mail.

Heh. Yeah, if you had told me you revised the track that you wanted to Fall-Through, I never would have posted the OLR version. :lol: Be sure to let us know next time, or just find some more reliable webspace. There are free places out there. Alright, what you did to try to do to spruce this up...?

http://www.zophar.net/usf/lozusf.rar - 57 "Windmill Hut" (56 Ocarina ~Song Of Storms~)

SFX to open things up along with the same intro as before. Everything still sounds very thin and synthy like last time, only with a bassline added. Some new instrumentation came in at :36, but the overall complaints are still the same, as most of the instrumentation was retained from last time around.

Piano handled the melody this time at :51, which was fairly better than the live sax from last time, but the arrangement issues are still there. The performance is somewhat personalized, as some rhythms are played with, but overall this was very uninterpretive.

Some new ideas brought in at 2:13 to at least change the feel of the track, but that was short-lived until 2:40. The sounds and ideas are still fairly beginner-ish and simple, even with these new parts.

Like I said last time, really study what you can in the ReMixing forum to get better sounds and learn how to flesh them out. Do what you can to give the arrangement more direction and less monotony, and get more Works forum feedback. You could literally cut & paste my old vote and remove/change any mention of the saxophone where necessary. Not a good sign.

This one sounds like a done deal, but keep at it as far as the community goes, Bobby. OLR is fine, certainly, but don't feel discouraged at trying to improve in regards to the OCR level.

NO

It's really hard to give advice in this case, because frankly, the best advice that can be given is simply that you need to practice and experience more.

This is a basic and formulaic approach. There are some interesting twists and turns here and there, but the composition, arrangement, sparseness, and production values leave much to be desired.

I'm personally not crazy about the lead combination with the chromatic percussion + synth. I just don't feel it really blends well.

Basic in all degrees. It's not bad at all. You should not be discouraged though, as I think you're making progress. It is revamped, but I still feel it falls short. Keep practicing, keep at it. NO