Lagoon - Opening Sequence

Daiko

Hello all!

I'm fairly new to the community, and I've been enjoying my time here so far =)

I've also recently just entered the VG music composition/remixing scene. One of the remixing projects I'm currently undertaking is "Rock on, Lagoon!". The entire OST will be remixed in the long haul.

For now though, I've uploaded the opening sequence on my SoundCloud as a little teaser :). Please take a gander and let me know what you think. For those that don't know much about Lagoon, more details are in the link.

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-j-rocha/d-j-rocha-rock-on-lagoon

Any feedback and constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time!

Cheers!

Daniel J Rocha

man, the 13 year old me immediately wants to play every single guitar part in this. I think I'll buy some old Surge off of Ebay and have myself a nostalgic evening.

My ears always struggle to grasp synth guitars, but you got a pretty good tone out of it. I suspect a bit more twiddling could make it even more expressive, without delving into the very testy world of synthguitar dynamics. Is that the FL stock guitar instrument? I can't remember the name...

Never seen this game, it sounds like a shmup but you say it's a hack 'n slash?

Thanks for the comments thus far =) I appreciate it.

Lagoon is an action RPG released in 1991. You go around with a sword, dubbed 'the toothpick of doom' by many, slashing away at mobs. You also get some nifty spells to aid you. What really rocks this game in my opinion is the soundtrack, and the bosses. It is quite a challenge!

I'm glad I hit a soft spot there Melodious, I did my best with the synth guitar. And yes, it is FL Slayer. I tweaked it out in FL studio to smooth out the rough edges and make it sound more guitar-like.

Unfortunately, I am currently making due with what I've got, which is basically the stock instruments FL studio provides, and SGM-180.

I'm making it my mission to get my hands on Komplete 8, but $559 is quite a steep hill for the time being. Would you have any other recommendations? Or is Komplete 8 something I should make a priority?

Cheers!

Daniel J Rocha