djpretzel

Contact Info

Your ReMixer name : Nixdorux

Your real name : Nicolas Ferranti

Your email address : ferranti@citycable.ch

Your website : www.ferranti.ch

ReMix Info

Name of game(s) ReMixed : Jaguar XJ220 on AMIGA

Name of individual song(s) ReMixed : Win, Worldmap etc...

Link to the original soundtrack if it is not one of the sound archives already available on the site :http://www.mirsoft.info/gmb/music_info.php?id_ele=NTY3

Link of Remix :

Greating !

Nicolas

http://exotica.fix.no/tunes/archive/Authors/Game/Iveson_Martin/Jaguar_XJ220.lha - mod.worldmap

I remember first hearing this off VGMix, and I can't lie when I say I was very unimpressed. I don't mind you trying new stuff of course. That's definitely encouraged, but this just isn't clicking. The beatwork is incredibly lazy, defaulty, and repetitive. It doesn't morph around and develop, and this is too LOOOONG track at 6:16 to let that happen.

You get points for trying to entend a 41-second source tune, as there are some nice ideas here. Loved the breakdown at 2:40, for example. The section from 4:20-4:44 though was poorly written, IMO. The arrangement is decent but overly conservative, plus there's not enough evolution here. You could easily cut out some filler here and make this feel more varied. Definitely rewrite the percussion though with a lot more effort, as its weakness killed this from the outset, Nicolas.

NO

The source material is very limited and I can't say I'm surprised on how this mix turned out. Usually mixes with limited source material either become very liberal or when they stick close to home, they usually end up unsatisfactory like this.

I think this mix is really disjointed personally. The drums and percussion sound very limp, without energy, nothing driving. The drums and percussion in my opinion don't even go together with the other elements of the mix. They feel pasted on.

Synths are very basic and plain in my opinion. Arrangement generally is pretty straight forward and conservative.

To me the main issue that compounds all these other sub issues is the whole pacing of the mix. Everything sounds stagnant and not moving forward. It's overly long at 6 minutes. I'm sorry to say it feels like it's just repeating the same motifs with the same instruments while lacking any evolution. Like Larry, I thought the 2:40 section was also the high point. I really love the synth vocal pads in that section as well. They sound great in this mix.

But other than that, this needs a lot of work. Clear NO for me.