*NO* Earthworm Jim 'New Funk City'

djpretzel

Hi,

My name is Kiefo. In the past year I've made a dozen or so video game remixes, I have only just recently learned about the massive video game remixing community online and I wanted to try my hand at submitting one of my remixes. Forgive me if I mishandled a process, I think everything is in order, So here is the link to my remix of "New Junk City" from "Earthworm Jim"

Tentatively retitled "New Funk City!":

My Remixer name is Wrao.

The original composer is(I think) Tommy Tallarico.

I created this entirely from scratch and made some alterations.

Cheers,

-k

http://snesmusic.org/spcsets/ewj.rsn - "New Junk City" (ewj-01.spc)

Man the timing on this was so off the whole way through. Sounds very sloppy. Beats were rather simple and lazy. Instrumentation was relatively generic and sparse and resulted in a plain-jane result.

After a sloppy transition section from 1:41-2:04, it briefly switched to some rock-based stuff until 2:38. Same problems, different sounds as far as I'm concerned.

I go blehz on this. Not bad for a beginner's effort, but decidedly uncohesive and apparently proud of it. If you're not proud of it being like this, then bury your nose in the ReMixing and Works forums to learn more and allow people to criticize your material.

I saw you look down on overly "meticulous" critique here, but it's clear you're in dire need of some. Especially as a n00b, you need to be receptive to criticism, especially detailed criticism. Keep at it, Kiefo.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

This is sloppy as larry says. quantize more. up to about 1:45, the arrangement is rather repetitive. The break at 2:00 is really sloppy, and the drum solo is really poorly sequenced. the bass plays that riff, and the drums only play when the bass does, but not with the bass. either have the drums play the same part, or even better, have the drums make use of the empty space. furthermore, the riff the bass plays is akward to be repeated so much. top it off with a weak ending.

NO

As vig and liontamer have allready pointed out, the sequencing is really sloppy and awkward. The guitar/synth line is slightly off with the bass figure which makes me eye twitch when I listen.

A simple arrangement with a weird instrumental build in the middle.

Drum break = wtf.

Your skill as a sequencer needs to be improved along with your skill as an arranger. This isn't gonna cut it.

NO