Unreal Tournament - Foregone Destruction

mellowsonic

Hey, great source tune! This remix sounds a lot like a cover though - you add some of your own stuff at 2:50 but there's not enough interpretation to make it really unique at the moment. Also the mixing sounds a bit muddy. Do you have reverb on your bass drum? The bass seems really lost in the mix. I can hear there is some bass, but I think too many sounds are bleeding into the low-end (reverb usually does this, especially on the bass drum) to make the bass sound very quiet.

I noticed the feedback on your other track mentioned a muddiness problem as well. Have a listen to http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01976/ for an example of how you can have reverb on sounds, but also get really tight-sounding bass and drums. Keep working on your production skills!

This and your other mix has a dark ambient-ish feel which I like. Just don't overdo it with the reverb as mentioned before.

The original was drum & bass, so yes, you gotta make your remix stand out more. It kind of plays safe with the style. I would like this more if you took the style more into a modern dnb style, to reflect how much dnb has changed since the release of the original. Some of your drums sound modern, but when you fall back to the amen loop, here's where I think it is actually more conservative.