Zelda WW - Hyrule Castle

dummy

Its been a while since I posted a video game piece - I've been working on an epic Super Metroid project lately so not had as much time to wiggle out video game orchestrations as I'd have liked.

This one's Hyrule Castle from Zelda Wind Waker.I kept fairly faithful to the original.

TKJyGdR.png

| SoundCloud

This was a bit of an experiment with some techniques learnt lately and recently recorded samples - also an attempt to overdub real choir with samples (not completely happy with the results, but oh well). The brass in the crescendo was also a bit hard to tame but I think until I have my new bits and bobs recorded it's something I'll have to work around. As always, any feedback or criticism (particularly on the realism element) is really appreciated muchly!

Edited by dummy

Ah, finally a longer song from you, like we've all been begging for. =) Not that I don't also love the 30-second concept pieces, but now we get a chance to hear how you develop your musical ideas over a little more time...

...and predictably, it's freaking amazing as usual. I recall that my only real nitpicks from your previous experiments have been choir samples that weren't absolutely bullet-proof, and that the percussion melted into the background and became almost inaudible from time to time on certain demos. (And please keep in mind that I really had to reach to find even the slightest thing to "complain" about). Neither is an issue here

Am I hearing a bit of your stage noise library at the very end again?

Sorry, I know my comments are never any help, but damn this song is so good. Honestly, I don't know if I would be able to tell that this wasn't a live orchestra if I didn't already know.

Thanks Crypo, glad you liked! Glad to hear the choir and percussion are sitting better - listening back today and being less critical I'm happier with how it sounds. That is indeed my stage noise library at the end.

It is a great track to start with, I think one of my favourites from WW. Glad I was able to get it sounding realistic

Edited by dummy