A piano arrangement in need of a pianist ?

Hoy.

Here's the thing. I love writing piano arrangements.

But I don't play the piano.

As a result, I often end up getting stuck at the step where I realise how unsurprisingly unsatisfying an arrangement sounds when it's simply played using a free piano soundfont (which is the only thing I can afford really).

So... hey ! I was wondering, would anyone here be interested in playing them (and probably "play test" them a little... again, I don't play the piano, so there might be an impossible-thing-to-do or two in there...) ?

Currently, and since I recently lost a good part of my previous computer's files, I only got two of them left.

Here's one of them, entitled "A Flight of Fantasies", because "I dunno lol" felt quite lame, essentially :

https://www.box.com/s/uyq0rofvt78ozktahf2q

It's pretty much just a direct rendition of the arrangement with a few adjustments to make it sound a tad bit more "natural" though.

If I recall correctly, there are bits of the following tracks in it, some of them appearing only quite briefly :

"Spread Your Wings", from The Last Story

"Midna's Lament", from The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess

"A Fleeting Dream", from Final Fantasy X

"Vector to the Heavens", from Kingdom Hearts : 358/2 Days

"Aria di Mezzo Carattere", from Final Fantasy VI

"FINAL FANTASY XIII ~ The Promise" from Final Fantasy XIII

"Ordon Ranch", from The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess

"Main Theme", from The Legend of Zelda

"Wild Battle", from Pokemon Red/Blue (I... think ? I can't remember if I arranged it that way or if it's taken from another Wild Battle.)

Plus a few "hints at other stuff" here and there.

The other arrangement is a mix of "Near the Water" and "The Garamsythe Waterway" from Final Fantasy XII, if you're wondering.

I can provide a midi file or a score of the arrangement (if the software I just found does translate midi to sheet music correctly), if you want.

So if anyone's interested, please let me now !

(If you simply want to tell what you think about the track itself as it is, go ahead too of course !)

Edited by Quart de Carton

If you'd like, I could work on this. :3 I'm fairly sure I could string together recordings to get a nice whole one. If you could send me a link to download the MIDI file (and possibly the sheet music as well) I could get started. :D

Oh, cool :D ! (I'm happy now !)

Here's a rar archive with the midi plus the sheet music (hopefully it got translated correctly) :

https://www.box.com/s/afc5ohxkpegjywdr3vxe

If something sounds too weird or is impossible to play on an actual piano, let me know and I'll try to fix it o/

Oh man that notation is awful. XD But I'll work with it! The MIDI sure does help. Mind if I mess around with a lot of the bassline? The arpeggios aren't really working so well in areas like the beginning so I might have to add a little more interest in there. :P

Ah, I guess it was bound to happen xD

So, yeah, of course, go ahead^^

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately this has been pretty difficult and I'm afraid I might not be able to make anything out of it after all. ^^; Sorry, it's a little too dissonant for me to really get that into it (although it does have some really cool moments) and the sheet music just wasn't really working for me at all. D: It's a cool little arrangement, though.