* *Contact Info*

o

o

o

o squidbear

* *ReMix Info*

o Super Mario Kart

o Donut Plains

o I have always enjoyed listening to the music from the Mario Kart series up until Mario Kart: Double Dash!! When Mario Kart DS came out, I just loved playing the classic tracks so I could hear the "old school" music from the SNES and the N64. One course, in particular, had music that just entranced me, so I downloaded some MIDIs of the track, Donut Plains, online. I kept listening and listening to it until it was stuck in my head. I knew everything I hated about it and everything I loved about it. Well, now, I knew I had to do /something/. So I was set to the task of enhancing it, remixing it, getting rid of what I thought were the worst parts, and giving it a new look. After much trial and error, I finished the daunting task of remixing one of my favorite songs. I am very pleased with the results, especially since this is the first video game remix I have ever completed. To whoever reads this, I sincerely hope you enjoy my remix, The Donut Dance.

http://snesmusic.org/spcsets/smk.rsn - "Donut Plains" (smk-06.spc)

Cool for a first mix, that's for sure, though I'm partial to the theme. At only 2:15-long, this arrangement would have to be incredibly creative and varied to pass.

Rhythm section never changes and the synthy flavor is ok but sparse. Arrangement is decent, but didn't do anything dramatically interpretive with the theme. The track basically ended before it even got off the ground. A shame; I'll hang onto it though, as I be likin' dat source material.

You need more substance, more texture, and more development in your future work. Use the ReMixing & Works forums here to learn more and build up your skills.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

The arrangement needs a lot more creativity and thought put into it. Expand on the musical ideas you've expressed allready and add some new ones as well.

Your synth design could also use some improvement, and the sequencing is a tad mechanical.

Put some more effort into every aspect of this remix and you'll have something pretty cool in the end.

NO