*NO* Mario Kart 64 'Victory'

djpretzel

http://www.zophar.net/usf/MarioKart64_usf.rar - 28 "Victory Lap"

Yeah, Protricity does a much better job with these guitar synths. Vig did a good job with the glibness. Rhythm section never changes; at least do a little something with the drums.

The samples were definitely used in a very beginner-ish manner. At 2:35-long, nothing meaningful was really going on, and this only pales in comparison with the original, which used very synthetic sounds more effectively. The arrangement needs a lot more creativity and skill. Keep at it, bro.

NO

Yeah, Protricity does a much better job with these guitar synths.

You provide nothing there for the remixer other than your affirmative statement to tell him someone is better than him. Poor delivery. :roll:

Onto the mix. It sounds like it's 80s week at the panel. This is another retro-ish, 80s style mix. I personally find this catchy. The choir section with the groove was in particular the stronger point of the mix.

I don't mind the simplicity of the mix, but the problem here is there's no evolution, it almost sounds like once it got on, it went without changing course. Try to add some subtlety to your music. Change up the rhythm, harmony, drum pattern, add humanization...something to spice things up. Also the arrangement feels underdeveloped, with a very abrupt ending to boot.

Fun listen though. But per the above issues I and other judges cited, it's a NO.