Illusion of gaia: Longing for the past/ In the Earthen womb

DC_Desperado

This really is an incredible remix. The only complaint that I have is the lack of repetition of the theme at 3:38 - it makes that part sound a little unbalanced (more length on one half of that section than the other).

In all seriousness, though, once you have this thing finished, I'd recommend shooting it over to the WIP forums for a Mod review. I could do it myself here, but... well, I want more people to hear it over there, 'cause it's awesome. :mrgreen:

This really is an incredible remix. The only complaint that I have is the lack of repetition of the theme at 3:38 - it makes that part sound a little unbalanced (more length on one half of that section than the other).

In all seriousness, though, once you have this thing finished, I'd recommend shooting it over to the WIP forums for a Mod review. I could do it myself here, but... well, I want more people to hear it over there, 'cause it's awesome. :mrgreen:

Thanks so much for the kind words!

I definitely think there is more work to do and that the final theme (which DC originally requested) has to get fleshed out with ...something. I am kind of toying with the idea of diminishing the role of the oboe in part 2 and having flute carry that into cello as lead instruments.

But, just so I'm sure what you mean, do you think that there should be more repetition of the whole thing after 3:18? I was a little hazy on what you meant. I'm all ears though. Feel free to posit.

Cheers,

Forrest

But, just so I'm sure what you mean, do you think that there should be more repetition of the whole thing after 3:18? I was a little hazy on what you meant. I'm all ears though. Feel free to posit.

Cheers,

Forrest

It's just that at that small section, the source plays that theme twice (listen

, at 0:15 and 0:28 - that's the repeat that I'm talking about). Don't repeat that whole song; it's just that one little blurb that helps balance the song better.

Still an awesome remix, though.

It's just that at that small section, the source plays that theme twice (listen
, at 0:15 and 0:28 - that's the repeat that I'm talking about). Don't repeat that whole song; it's just that one little blurb that helps balance the song better.

Still an awesome remix, though.

Ohhhh I get ya now. Makes sense! Working on it today, will post wip 8 tonight!

It's just that at that small section, the source plays that theme twice

[...]

Don't repeat that whole song; it's just that one little blurb that helps balance the song better.

Man, in working on this, you couldn't be more spot on about that short theme repeating.

Ok, so let me know if this makes sense (it's out of context since we're just sort of deciding on how to do this one part, but you'll get the idea):

https://soundcloud.com/forrestpowell/wip8

There will be more instruments added to the rest of the mix, and I've got to finalize the flute parts Laura agreed to play as well.

Gettin' close!:-)

So many apologies for my lack of participation as of late. I find myself in a situation where internet is not at such common access. I plan to change that though.

However, you've done an amazing job as usual Forrest! I'm glad to see the original melody got an extension. :) I not going to lie... the ominous whisper opening sounds so good it could be made into its own remix. (plans for the future maybe?) ;)

Anywho, I really dont have much input to give. I seems like everything is coming together very nicely and we are on the right track for this song.

Keep up the fantastic work and hopefully see you soon.

DC_Desperado

So many apologies for my lack of participation as of late. I find myself in a situation where internet is not at such common access. I plan to change that though.

However, you've done an amazing job as usual Forrest! I'm glad to see the original melody got an extension. :) I not going to lie... the ominous whisper opening sounds so good it could be made into its own remix. (plans for the future maybe?) ;)

Anywho, I really dont have much input to give. I seems like everything is coming together very nicely and we are on the right track for this song.

Keep up the fantastic work and hopefully see you soon.

DC_Desperado

No worries at all!

I'm glad you dig the updates and that's kind of you to say about the Ominous Whispers part! I was really pleasantly surprised how well it translated to piano. There *might* be some flute stuff added to that if it works. I've written some for Laura to play but I honestly can't say if the piano needs it, or if it will ultimately take away from that stark feeling it has right now (which kinda works).

I just sent the flute parts tonight, so once I get those back I'll work on getting those mixed and perhaps have a voila moment. Laura is a super busy pro, so I'm sort of hedging my expectations on a time frame, but that's probably best since I've got some violins to figure out.

Cheers!

Forrest

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey DC,

I've been working on a lot of production stuff that has taken up most of my free time.

I still have every intention of finishing the song though.

The flute part may or may not happen, but it's possible I will substitute bassoon or a lower register instrument to carry the melody where I wanted something other than oboe.

Hope all is well!

Forrest

Glad to hear that your still on the project! I hope the flute part pulls through. It sounds like it would make an amazing addition to the song and if it means waiting for it to happen, I say we wait. I'm sure it will be well worth it.

Any who, best of luck with all your other projects!

• 2 years later...

(brushes the cob webs off the forum)

Haven't been here in a while, Life sure has a way of taking you for a ride and you lose track of things. First off I'm not going to ask for this project to be revived or anything. After abandoning everything, I don't deserve it; but I do want to apologies.

Forrest, you deserve the biggest apology. You have done so much and deserve so much better. I'm sorry I wasn't around.