Wizard and Warriors Theme/Potion mix

Tyrantix

Not bad. Pretty good stuff here.

I feel like the piano is much too overbearing; maybe either lower the velocity of the attack or balance the volume. Same goes with the flutes later on. We'd be able to hear them just fine at a lower volume.

As far as advanced mixing goes, I'm not too experienced, but I figured I'd point a couple things out for you :)

I agree that the piano is a bit overbearing, but I got confused when Giles said "lower the velocity of the attack". I think I'd rather re-articulate that advice as "humanize the velocities". The piano sounds very mechanical with the precise timing and hard plinks. Try to improve the velocity response too. Most if not all plugins have velocity response---it's a very basic feature. I don't know if you tried to pan the piano widely or if it's something with the delay, but it shouldn't be that wide.

0:30 may or may not be muddy. YouTube isn't the best place to post a remix for workshop feedback. I'd guess that it IS muddy from some sort of strong impact bass (Nexus?). 80% sure.

1:47 flute is also in need of humanization. Notes are too rigid, static, and precisely timed.

Ending was a little abrupt, but I'm glad there was some sort of ending. For an '07~'08 mix, that's not too bad. Sounds like something that could have made it on OCR in '05~'06.

Thanks alot for the good feedback!

I have learned alot since that time and i thought i had lost my .flp file of the song so i couldnt really do much to improve it, but i managed to find it again on a cd when i cleaned my old locked reasantly. I should try and clean som mud and smooth it out a bit while tring to increase the quality a little.

I dont want to do to much though since i feel like even if its not perfect it had a lot of spirit in it. ;-)